The most frequent asked question of sex toys when first time buyer planning to buy sex toys is where to start. Whether you’re buying for your sex partner or just for your masturbation needs, it’s hard to know where is the jumping-point. At Erotic-Sextoy.com, we have been making our best effort to provide complete guide on how to choose sex toys, especially how to choose a sex toy as a beginner.
Sex toys come in many shapes, sizes and materials, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Choosing a sex toy that's right for you is not a simple job, it's a super fun homework assignment. Consider these questions when choosing your first sex toy.
- What kind of sex toy you're looking, vibrator, dildo, anal toys, cock rings or masturbator toys?
- Which part of the body is for by your first sex toy?
- Are you looking for a sex toy for penetration or clitoral stimulation?
- What material should your sex toy be made from?
- Who will be invited? Do you want a sex toy for you, your partner, or both of you?
Sex vibrators are devices intended to stimulate the nerves for climax or for a pleasurable feeling. They come with enormous ranges based on its size, material, power and function, but most of them fall into several broad categories:
- Clitoral Vibrators — Some website use different name like "massagers". In this category, the very powerful vibrators such as the Hitachi Magic Wand or the Acuvibe are very popular.
- Dildo-shaped Vibrators — they comes with a long history and are very popular both for men and women. Most dildo vibrators are made of plastic, silicone, rubber, vinyl, or latex. Silicone vibrators are the best choice, but are more expensive.
- Waterproof—Can be used wet, such as in the shower. A good example is Adam and Eve Eden Waterproof Body Blossom. Be aware, although marketed as waterproof, most should not be submerged.
- Rabbit Vibrators - Rabbit vibrators are generally for stimulating vagina and the clitoris. It also called Jack Rabbit vibrator or Jessica Rabbit vibrator. Rabbit is made in the shape of a phallus with a a clitoral stimulator attached to the shaft. The name of the device is derived from the fact that the clitoral stimulator looks like a pair of rabbit ears.
- G-spot Sex Toys - Do not confused with G-spot, this toy can be used for male or female. Similar to the traditional vibrator but with a curve and often a soft jelly like coating. The curve makes it easier to use to stimulate the g-spot or prostate. Many women prefer firmer materials like silicone or glass dildos made of acrylic. The male G-spot, known as the prostate, also P-spot, can be stimulated with any of these toys as well. The male g-spot vibrator is a specially curved device (like a skier about to take off) with a round head which is inserted into the anal canal of the male, and stimulates the prostate gland.
- Egg Shaped Vibrator—Egg shaped vibrator which can be used for stimulation of the clitoris or insertion into the vagina. A Egg Vibrator is a type of sensual vibrator that is egg or bullet shaped that can be completely inserted into the vagina or anus due to their small size. Distinguished by the shape, egg toys also referred to as Egg Vibrators or Bullet Vibrators. Egg vibrators are very common sex toys and have been widely accepted. Egg Vibrators are generally measured 2–3 inches in length and ¾ inches in width.
- Pocket rocket—Shaped like a cylinder, one of its ends has some vibrating bulges. It is meant to stimulate the clitoris or nipples, not for vaginal insertion.
- "Undercover" or Discreet vibrators —Vibrators discreetly shaped as every-day objects, such as Bondage Duckier, cell phones, or pen. From Erotic-Sextoy.com, you can find the most discreet vibrators of vibrating faux pen with discreet pen gift box.
- Anal vibrators—If you need a stimulation of the anus, anal vibrators is for you. All anal vibrators have one common feature - they designed for produce a vibrating effect in the anus for pleasurable sensations. Anal vibrators differ from other types of vibrators by having either a flared base or a long handle to grip, to prevent them from slipping inside and becoming lodged in the rectum.
- Butterfly Vibrators—Vibrator strapped around legs and waist for hands free clitoral stimulation during sexual intercourse. Butterfly vibrators are for women only that is designed to stimulate the clitoris. The name comes from the fact that butterfly vibrators look like butterflies. However there are many other forms that butterfly vibrators come in now-a-days including clam shells, bunnies, birds dragonflies and various other insects and shapes.
The butterfly style is very popular partly due to the fact that it allows the vibrations to stimulate a very large area around the clitoris. Some hands free vibrators have a very compact form which localizes the stimulations to the clitoris only.
- Cock Rings— A cock ring or cockring is a ring that is placed around a man's penis, usually at the base, primarily to slow the flow of blood from the erect penile tissue, thus maintaining erection for longer. Cock rings can be worn around just the penis or penis and scrotum, or just the scrotum alone, though this is usually designated as a testicle cuff. Rings can be made of a variety of different materials, most commonly leather, rubber, or silicone, though nylon and metal are also used either as the main component or part of the closure. Confusingly, the term cock ring is sometimes used as a synonym for a Prince Albert piercing, a piercing of the penis that is usually, though not always, a metal ring. Some cordless vibrators can be inserted into or attached to a cock ring, usually for stimulation of the clitoris.